The I-Create Lab has a Roland TrueVIS SG-540
Width: 8.3 to 54 in
Thickness: Maximum 39 mil (1.0 mm) with liner for printing
Maximum 16 mil (0.4 mm) with liner and 9 mil (0.22 mm) without liner for cutting
Printing resolution: Maximum 900 x 900 dpi
Software: VersaWorks Dual RIP
In order to replenish materials and to provide for maintenance of the equipment, there is a charge for printing/cutting. The cost is derived from the cost of the material plus the cost of the ink per square foot. Sales tax will be added to all purchases, unless the patron can provide a tax-exempt form.
The I-Create is a self-help space and we will be glad to assist you to get started on your project and give guidance as required.
File types to avoid:
- .PNG, great file type but the printer software cannot use it.
- .PDF another great file type, but if we do not have the font the software will switch it to another with no warning.
- .PPT – Make sure the slide you would like to print is set to the size you want to print. i.e. If you would like to print a 48” x 36” conference poster set the slide to 48” x 36”. The default for Power Point is 8.5" x 11" and enlarging that to conference size may cause quality issues in the print
- Printer Specifications:
- Roland TrueVIS SG-540
- Width: 8.3 to 54 in
- Thickness: Maximum 39 mil (1.0 mm) with liner for printing
- Maximum 16 mil (0.4 mm) with liner and 9 mil (0.22 mm) without liner for cutting
- Colors: CMYK
- Printing resolution: Maximum 900 x 900 dpi
- Software: VersaWorks Dual RIP
- Paper Available:
- Premium Matte Paper
- Gloss Calendared Vinyl Adhesive
- Clear Calendared Vinyl Adhesive
- Matte Calendared Vinyl Adhesive
- Matte Vinyl Banner
How to access
You may walk into room 217 of the Mary and Jeff Bell Library
You may also make an appointment: https://tamucc.libcal.com/equipment/item/66694
To create cut lines - https://youtu.be/ES58KrViVo8
Determining return time